I have been helping young children, children, families and adults for nearly 20 years. My approach is simple: The person is the person, and the problem is the problem. People are not problems. I collaborate shoulder to shoulder with my clients to find the best solutions for them.
In my work with adults, I assess, and the I identify the best practices/approach, and I tailor interventions to my client’s needs. To offer excellence in services, I have been highly trained in several evidence-based practices and well researched interventions. I use primarily EMDR, IFS, CBT and attachment-based lenses. See below for a more detailed list of my trainings.
In my work with young children, and school-aged children, I incorporate play therapy, art, sensory stimulating materials (yes! we make therapeutic slime!). I am all about Child-Directed Interactions. We follow the child’s lead! My priority is to strengthen the child-parent relationship, then give the parent/caregiver the tools to set their child up for success, and finally we can talk about positive parenting strategies to improve desired behaviors (all based on cutting edge research).
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS-Informed EMDR)
- Trauma Focus-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) Nationally certified.
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy for Traumatized Children (PCIT).
- Child-Parent Psychotherapy (CPP for infants 0-5).
- Managing and Adaptive Practice: MAP Therapist (MAP).
Bringing Baby Home Educator.
- A program for new parents experiencing the transition to parenthood
- A training from the Gottman’s Institute
Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Level 1.
- Research-based approach for couples therapy
Narrative Therapy and Postmodern Approaches Fellowship
Stress Management Group Facilitator/Biofeedback.
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, México City